Speculative Ventures in Writing - By Sean Michael Paquet


So something happened today, which I was unprepared for. A screenwriter approached and expressed interest in turning my book into a screenplay (movie). Wow! What a great opportunity! Unfortunately, I had to turn him down. I will explain why. It is not because I lack confidence in my work. I wrote A Game of Gods just like I was watching a movie in my mind. That’s how it works for me. So yeah, I feel it would adapt well to a screenplay. However, let me give you a piece of advice I always try to follow in business. Never spend what you don’t have in your bank account or in collateral to cover an investment.
Secondly, screenplay’s are speculative ventures. Anything I am speculating on goes through two mathematical processes: A Risk Matrix and a Probability Analysis. I believe in raw data and numbers. So I made a quick statistical hypothesis on the probability of success for a screenplay by a relatively unknown screenwriter for a book that so far has minimal exposure. I was not too fond of the numbers. The bottom line, if you don’t like the odds of success vs. failure, do not jump. So I explained my position to the young man, and he was very understanding. He then asked, “well, what can I do to help you right now?” I replied, “help me promote my book!” To which he agreed. In return for his efforts, I told him I would give him some exposure on my social media sites. We also decided to re-evaluate the possibility of a screenplay once my book starts generating revenue.

So, if any of you are interested in turning your work into a screenplay, please contact:

victoryanusiem9@gmail.com

I read some of his material, and he is legit and very professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Value - by Sean Michael Paquet

World Building in Science Fiction and Fantasy - By Sean Michael Paquet

A Game of Gods Ebook Promotion - By Sean Michael Paquet