Book Review: Alfred Jones and Son, Bros. Travelling Undertakers And Soul Traders by Bob Sharp - By Sean Michael Paquet

First you begin with a base of professional and masterful writing.

Add in a dose of the macabre.
Throw in a handful or two of romance.
As well as a few spoons of the paranormal.
Stir in a dash of mystery and investigation.
Top it off with some grisly in-your-face humor.
Serve with a fine chilled vintage.
That is Alfred Jones and Son, Bros. The adventures of two very unusual Undertakers who end up signing a contract with the Devil in exchange for what they think is a good deal.
While not my genre, I was very impressed by such a well written story. Bob’s use of rustic and country English add a surprising depth to the characters and gives the reader a real feel for the time period and location of the story. The descriptions of his characters most certainly stand out, and paint a very realistic picture of Old Alfred, and Alfred Junior. Bob’s use of symbolism took me into the world of this story, and I was captivated. I was immersed in the story from page one, and by the time I had finished this most savory tale, I found myself wanting more. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys paranormal fiction with a little blood and guts mixed in for flavor. Well done Bob! I hope I have the opportunity to read more of your work in the future!
Check out Alfred Jones and Son, Bros. You can find them at the following links:

Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087D84NT3
Amazon U.S.A.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087D84NT3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Value - by Sean Michael Paquet

World Building in Science Fiction and Fantasy - By Sean Michael Paquet

A Game of Gods Ebook Promotion - By Sean Michael Paquet